Deadline: July 20, 2020
Applications are open for Kuongoza mentorship program 2020. Project Kuongoza is a Mentorship and Fellowship program that empowers women and girls across Sub-Saharan Africa and MESA countries to lead and become more experienced for the growing workforce in STEM.
This solution is a first-to-market initiative that pairs young girls aged 15 – 25 to professional women mentors in STEM where they build a society that guarantees equal access to socio-economic, equitable opportunities, help young girls access new markets, work flexibly and integrate these learned skills – after the program.
Selected mentees will
- Get matched with professional women in STEM;
- Receive free Membership to STEMi Women Community and Ambassadorship;
- Get support and access to Funded-scholarship and Research programs
- Receive certificate;
- Gain access to training in academic readiness, leadership, communication and critical thinking as well as STEM skills development.
- Applicant must be from West, East and Southern Africa,
- Between the age 15 – 25 years old;
- Have a background in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or be considering to find a career a career in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics);
- Proficient in English (at an intermediate level or above);
- Keen to contribute to an international community of Women in STEM;
- Able to meet with your Mentor online at least two hours a month (using video calling platforms);
- Willing to complete feedback questionnaires and survey during the programme;
- Able to access the internet and send emails to your Mentor every week;
- Passionate about working with a Mentor to build your skills and confidence, and achieve key learning objectives.
Are you a young African woman interested in the Project Kuongoza program? Click here to apply
For more information send an email to: [email protected] or visit Kuongoza Mentorship Program.