The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is looking for a Research Analyst (RA) for a one-year (renewable) appointment in its Africa Division.
This position is based in Dakar, Senegal. The RA will assist senior researchers in designing surveys, collection, and analyzing data using STATA and writing reports for various projects related to rural livelihoods, agriculture, and food security in various countries.
Current projects include studies on the impact of COVID-19 on rural households in Senegal and Niger; on food value chains in the DRC and on household resilience and food security in South Sudan. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in Senegal.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform various tasks related to data collection, documentation, and data cleaning of primary data in Senegal and the (West and Central) Africa region.
- Assist with economic modeling and econometric analysis in STATA and R.
- Assist with the preparation and publication of discussion papers, reports, technical notes and journal articles.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, International Economics, Statistics, or closely related field or a Bachelor’s degree in any of the above fields plus two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with data analysis using various statistical software packages (STATA, R)
- Experience in quantitative research methods and data processing and analysis
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time with sufficient attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and effectively with colleagues from diverse cultures
IV. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency in oral and written French
- Experience with GIS software (ArcGIS, Quantum GIS or corresponding Stata commands) and data collection software (Survey CTO, CSPro, Survey Solutions)
- Familiarity with issues related to poverty, economic growth, food security, and agricultural or rural development in Africa.
V. HOW TO APPLY?
For more information please visit the official webpage