Deadline: Open until filled
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks to recruit a Research Analyst I (RA) for a one-year, renewable appointment in its Markets, Trade and Institutions Division.
The RA will assist senior researchers in implementing the research component of the Family Farming, Regional Markets and Cross border Trade corridors (FARM-TRAC) project in West Africa.
The objectives of FARM-TRAC are:
- To contribute to an improved knowledge of the functioning of trade in agricultural and food products in West Africa,
- Ensure progress on the free movement of agricultural products in West Africa and
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of regional policies and strategies for promoting trade in agricultural and food products. This position is based in Dakar, Senegal. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in Senegal.
I. Duties & Responsibilties
- Assists with economic modeling and econometric analysis;
- Perform various tasks involving data collection, documentation, and data cleaning of primary data and secondary data from various sources;
- Assist with the preparation and publication of Policy Briefs, Discussion Papers, and Data Reports ;
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, International Economics, Statistics, or closely related field plus two years of relevant work experience or a master’s degree in one of the above fields
- Experience with data analysis using various statistical software packages (STATA, R) and/or mathematical programming packages (GAMS)
Experience in quantitative research methods and data processing and analysis
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and effectively with colleagues from diverse cultures.
- Proficiency in oral and written French
- Familiarity with issues related to trade, poverty, food security, and agricultural or rural development in Africa.
- Experience in management, including manipulation of large datasets;International Food Policy Research Institute
III. How to apply?
Please apply to IFPRI’s Website
For more information please read the official call