Deadline: 31 August 2020
AUDA-NEPAD invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Senior Programme Officer, Agriculture.
I. Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic direction & policy formulation:
- Research, analyse and present information gathered from diverse sources, relevant for project implementation.
- Prepare inputs for budgets, performance parameters and indicators, programme performance reports and inputs for results-based budgeting and results-based management.
2. Operational & technical leadership:
- Identify technical assistance needs for capacity building and work with Technical Cooperation & Advisory Services to develop sustainable strategies to strengthen the capacity of Member States/Grantees.
- Support and guide external consultants, interact with government officials and other parties to ensure smooth programme implementation.
- Guide and coordinate internal and external Technical experts advising and implementing activities with Member States/Grantees.
- Carry out programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the achievement of expected results.
- Organize meetings, trainings, conferences and workshops for Member State/Grantee frontline project staff.
3. Budgeting & reporting:
- Monitor project expenditures and utilization of funds related to the Programme and ensure compliance with AUDA financial rules and regulation.
- Conceptualize and prepare Programme progress and financial reports on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Perform other related duties as ma
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to her/his domain.
- Ability to identify and contribute to the solution of problems/issues.
- Knowledge of various research methodologies and sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases.
- Good analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments.
- Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language an added advantage.
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree in Information Agricultural Science, Engineering and Economics or related field with seven (7) years of relevant work experience of which three (3) should be at a supervisory level Or a Bachelor’s Degree in the above fields plus ten (10) years of relevant work experience out of which five (5) years should be at a supervisory level within public sector institutions or similar organizations nationally, regionally and/or internationally.
- Indicative basic salary of US$37,453.00 per annum plus other entitlements
- Post Adjustment (57% of basic salary),
- Housing allowance ($21,832,68 per annum),
- Pension (19% of basic salary) in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
IV. How to apply?
Applications should be forwarded utilizing ‘’Arial’’ font 11: To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with AUDA-NEPAD.
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding seven (7) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
- A recent performance evaluation report (for internal candidates only).
Applications should be addressed to: Head of Human Resources, AUDA-NEPAD, P O Box 218; Midrand, 1685 Email: [email protected]
For more information, please read the official call
V. About AUDA-NEPAD
AUDA-NEPAD is a vision and strategic framework for Africa’s renewal that is based on a shared understanding that it is imperative to eradicate poverty and position African countries on the road to sustained economic growth and development.
AUDA-NEPAD works closely with the African Union Commission (AUC), regional economic communities, national governments, research institutions and civil society organisations in its attempts to eradicate poverty in Africa whilst also voicing Africa ́s concerns at the global level. For more information go to: www.nepad.org