- by SmartAgri
- March 16, 2021
Deadline 13 July 2020
Grade Level: P-3
The Forestry Officer will be responsible for providing technical and policy support in the field of agroforestry and for the integration of trees in agricultural landscapes and on farms in the context of achieving the SDGs and Paris Agreement commitments.
Research, technical analysis, and project related services to support the delivery of programme projects, products, and services.
• Researches and analyzes technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional, and technology related information, data and statistics and/or related policy issues to support the delivery of programme projects, products and services
• Produces a variety of technical information, data, statistics and reports as well as input for technical documents and web pages.
• Provides technical support/analysis to various assessments, studies and initiatives and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
• Collaborates in the development of improved/updated tools, systems, processes, and databases.
• Participates on multi-disciplinary teams, and/or leads working groups/teams collaborates with other departments and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices.
• Collaborates in, provides technical backstopping to and ensures the quality / effectiveness of capacity development activities within member countries such as policy support, organizational development and individual learning events including preparation of related information, learning materials, on-line tools.
• Promotes knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations.
• Supports resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate strategy.
• Advanced university degree in forestry, agroforestry, natural resources management or other field related to agroforestry
• Five years of relevant experience in forestry, agroforestry or natural resources management
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience and knowledge in agroforestry-related integrated agricultural production policies and practices
• Extent and relevance of experience in agriculture land and resources tenure, agricultural policies and legislation relevant for trees in agricultural landscapes and on farms.
• Extent and relevance of experience with project development and resource mobilization.
• Extent and relevance of experience in developing countries is considered a strong asset
• Extent and relevance of experience in working with farmers and the private sector on agroforestry practices
• Ability to analyze complex agroforestry issues from a public and private sector point of view.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
Other benefits, subject to eligibility, include:
• Dependency allowances
• Rental subsidy
• Education grant for children
• Home leave travel
• 30 working days of annual leave per year
• Pension fund entitlements under the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund
• International health insurance; optional life insurance
• Disability protection
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile.
For more information, please read the official call
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]