Deadline: 12 July 2020
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to welthungerhilfe!
Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as: Head of Project - Agricultural/Agribusiness development* in Torit, South Sudan.
- Ensuring that all project relevant support (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.) is in place
- Carrying out the project planning, implementation, monitoring and the project's financial control
- Reporting to the Country Director/Area Manager/Programme coordinator on the progress of the project(s)
- Recruiting and managing staff according to Welthungerhilfe's policies
- Ensuring the implementation of Welthungerhilfe's HR policies and their adaptation to local conditions
- Contributing to the development of country policies and strategies
- Making project purchases according to internal procurement guidelines
- Monitoring of logistical procedures, including warehouse management, inventory control and distribution reports
- Representing Welthungerhilfe in relevant fora/clusters at state and national levels and within the humanitarian community
- A university or polytechnic degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Development or equivalent qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- A minimum of 7 years of project and management experience in carrying out emergency/transitional measures with international aid agencies
- Regional working experience in South Sudan would be an asset
- BMZ donor experience would be a great advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English, German language skills would be an asset
- We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team.
- Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life.
- Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.
- In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via online recruiting system by following this link