Deadline: Ongoing until December 2022
Are you a student or young professional eager to get an inside look at the work of an international organization and get unprecedented work experience? If so, consider joining the 2022 Global Landscape Forum (GLF) Volunteer Program, to support your favorite GLF Team or help during an event!
GLF and Youth in Landscapes Initiative network (YIL) would like to particularly encourage women, Indigenous youth, LGBTQ+ youth, disabled youth and other underrepresented groups to apply for the program.When you volunteer with the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF), you’ll work with other inspiring young leaders to promote a message that’s essential for our time and for the next generation.
GLF is looking for young people (18-35) who are:
- Passionate about sustainable development
- Have skills in (but not limited to) the following: social media, project coordination, facilitation, digital marketing, translation
- Committed and flexible – we offer a range of roles, from one-off tasks to week-long projects
II. Key information
- The GLF will review applications on a regular basis and connect with selected candidates when opportunities arise. Selected candidates can choose to accept or decline the offer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The duration and time commitment of the position can vary case-by-case depending on the responsibility. GLF event volunteers will generally only be required around the time of the specific conference.
- Your application will remain in the roster until the end of 2022, and we reserve the right to contact you at any point. At the end of the year, your application will be removed, and you will need to re-apply if you wish to be considered for a volunteer role in 2023.
- We’ll be in touch if you are selected!
- There are two categories of volunteers, check your favorite team or roles below.
III. GLF Teams Volunteer Roles
- Youth In Landscapes Initiative: Support upcoming projects tailored for youth.
- Communication: Write guest blogs for Landscape News or run a communication campaign
- Knowledge And Learning: Support GLFx Chapters, co-create a learning journey, or gain knowledge on sustainable finance
- Coordination: Sharpen your logistical and event coordination skills by experiencing GLF behind the scenes
IV. GLF Events Volunteer Roles
GLF events would not be possible without its amazing team of volunteers who support the preparation and delivery of the conferences. By volunteering during a GLF event, you’ll get the chance to join your favorite events free of charge and become a part of the Youth in Landscapes Initiative network
Check our event schedule for 2022 HERE
- Rapporteur: Support the GLF knowledge team in taking notes during sessions.
- Quote & Moment Catcher: Support the communications team in catching the most inspiring quotes and moments of the events.
- Chat Moderators: Sharpen your facilitation skills by moderating online discussions.
- Live Interviewer: Interview our special guests and speakers live on stream.
Please, Note that these are unpaid positions but offer unique work experience at a fast-paced, actionable organization
V. How to Apply?
To apply, please click HERE
VI. About Global Landscapes Forum
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is the world’s largest knowledge-led platform on integrated land use, dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Climate Agreement. The Forum takes a holistic approach to create sustainable landscapes that are productive, prosperous, equitable and resilient and considers five cohesive themes of food and livelihoods, landscape restoration, rights, finance and measuring progress. It is led by the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), in collaboration with its co-founders UNEP and the World Bank and Charter Members.