Deadline: 01 January 2023
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations is inviting applications for internship program for Asia and the Pacific (RAP). This internship Program aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains.
The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Through this internship, Interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO's Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
- Recent graduates or Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree program in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO member nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Program.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
II. Other information
- Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations as well as candidates from Small Island Developing States (SIDS), Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Land-locked Developing Countries (LLDCs) are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
- Candidates, who have already undertaken an internship assignment at FAO, will not be eligible for another internship.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if sending universities or other entities does not sponsor them.
III. HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered.
For more information, please read the official call here
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]