Deadline: 18 March 2022
International Bamboo and Rattan Organization (INBAR) is looking for a communication and press officer to support the Secretariat’s work promoting bamboo and rattan as nature-based sustainable development solutions. The role will be based in Beijing, China with opportunities to travel.
- Writing key English-language content for INBAR, including website articles, speeches, press releases, summaries of key events, Annual Highlights, and others (as required).
- Editing INBAR’s institutional magazine Bamboo and Rattan Update, including: identifying and approaching contributors; reviewing articles; managing magazine content, design and production deadlines.
- Managing INBAR’s publications: proactively managing the overall quality and content of INBAR publications and Resources Centre; identifying new publication ideas; producing English-language publications; ensuring the smooth running of publication production according to the INBAR Publications Policy.
- Handling international press relations: identifying good opportunities to publicize INBAR’s work, as well as the contribution of bamboo and rattan to sustainable development; monitoring international news about bamboo, rattan and related sustainable development issues.
- Maintaining the INBAR website in English, and coordinating key changes across all other language versions.
- Proofreading key content.
- Other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- Masters degree or equivalent in communications, forestry, environmental science, international relations or other relevant subject.
- Knowledge and interest in sustainable development, forestry, and climate change.
- Native English, French or Spanish with professional written and spoken capacity in one or more of the INBAR official languages (Chinese, English, French, Spanish. Chinese language skills an advantage.
- Experience working on communications products such as social media, technical publications, and translated documents.
- Experience in international organisations or forestry preferred.
- Experience of Photoshop, InDesign or other design software preferred.
III. How to Apply?
- Please send a cover letter demonstrating relevant experience as described in the above job description with filled Application form and relevant materials (if any, like your written, translated, published text/graphics documents) by email to: [email protected]. Please use “Communications and Press Officer” as the subject of the e-mail.
IV. About INBAR
Founded in 1997, the International Bamboo and Rattan Organization (INBAR) is an intergovernmental development organization that promotes environmentally sustainable development using bamboo and rattan. In addition to its Secretariat headquarters in China, INBAR has Regional Offices in Cameroon, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Ghana and India. With over 40 of its Member States from the Global South, INBAR has played especially a strong role in promoting South-South cooperation for the last 20 years. It has been making a real difference to the lives of millions of people and environments around the world, with achievements in areas such as: raising standards; promoting safe, resilient bamboo construction; restoring degraded land; capacity-building; and informing green policy and Sustainable Development Goal objectives.
For More information, Please read the official call