Environment & Natural ressources Consultancy: Preparation of national bamboo development strategy for Pakistan
Deadline: 28 June 2022
Department: Global Programme
Report to: Program Development Officer, Global Programme
Duration: 60 days
International Network for Bamboo and Rattan (INBAR), jointly with the Government of Pakistan, is implementing a national bamboo sector development project in Pakistan. As part of this project, INBAR is looking for a consultant to develop a national bamboo sector strategy and action plan for Pakistan.
I. Key Responsibilities
The Consultant shall:
- Review existing policies, institutional arrangements, legal and regulatory frameworks, governance structure related to bamboo;
- Review and analyse relevant legislations, complimentary policies and programs that directly or indirectly support and/or inhibit the bamboo development in Pakistan;
- Identify and characterize agencies/actors (including their roles, responsibilities, interests) in the development of the bamboo sector;
- Assess frameworks, tax regimes and incentives in bamboo resource management and utilization: Bamboo products production and consumption policies, legal and regulatory frameworks, tax regimes and incentives/disincentives currently in place;
- Collect information on ownership/tenure arrangement;
- Identify policy/institution related challenges and opportunities and recommend feasible arrangement for bamboo sector development;
- Facilitate organising of workshop with the government of Pakistan and present findings
- Develop bamboo development strategy (with principles, action areas and feasible quantified targets that encompasses resource development to marketing and processing)
II. Key Deliverables
- An inception report detailing the method/approach, content outline for the report and strategy document.
- A complete report of the situation analyses and recommendations in one document that encompasses detail information outlined in the task in about 40pages
- Develop a 10-year national bamboo strategy for Pakistan with action plans and targets for sustainable management and development of bamboo sector of Pakistan that is implementable and capable of transforming the Pakistan bamboo sector.
- Presentation of the final draft documents at a national workshop organized with the key stakeholders in order to validate it.
- Submit final completed document and strategy incorporating all comments to the satisfaction of INBAR and Pakistan bamboo focal person.
- Masters or PhD in public policy or natural resource management with considerable knowledge in natural resource management including bamboo development;
- Demonstrated relevant working experience of at least 5 years in policy and strategy development for agricultural or related sectors at the national or international level;
- Have recognized experience and/or knowledge relevant to policy, strategy, institutional and governance system of the Islamic republic of Pakistan.
- Demonstrated track record of completing similar tasks on time and with high quality
IV. How to Apply?
- Please, Send a cover letter, your CV and the attached INBAR Application Form to [email protected] before the deadline.
- Please include the following subject in the submission: “Pakistan Bamboo Strategy Development”