Deadline: 29 March 2023
Environmental education (EE) 30 Under 30 recognizes young people across the globe who are building a sustainable future through education. Nominate yourself or someone you know today!
Young people around the world are creating lasting change for both people and the planet. EE 30 Under 30 shines the spotlight on these change makers who demonstrate passion, commitment, and leadership using environmental education. The EE 30 Under 30 Class of 2023 will receive global recognition, join a growing community of inspiring EE leaders, and have access to ongoing opportunities for professional development and networking.
Environmental education (EE) and leadership shows up in many different forms! it aims to recognize leaders with a wide range of backgrounds, who reach various audiences and bring a diversity of perspectives to EE. Nominees from across sectors and disciplines are encouraged to apply. EE welcomes nominees that are:
- Working at any scale: local, national, regional, or global, just to name a few!
- In any position or role: community organizer, director, consultant, artist, teacher, and much more.
- Using education in any context: in schools, businesses, communities, church groups, networks, government, the media—you name it!
- Nominees must be 30 years old or younger (as of December 31, 2023). If you are over 30, you can still nominate someone else!
- Nominees can come from anywhere in the world!
- Nominations must be in English, but your nomination will not be judged based on your English language ability.
- Nominees must be using EE to address sustainability issues, build a more inclusive environmental movement, and/or create healthier and more civically-engaged communities. Read more about key elements of EE here.
- Nominees must demonstrate some leadership in EE, but you do not need to be in a leadership position to demonstrate leadership! This can include (but is not limited to!) inspiring others to take action towards a shared vision, listening to and taking action for the needs of your community, innovating in the face of challenges, creating inclusive environments for participation and engagement, and much more.
II. How To Nominate?
Access the application here for more information about the eligibility and application requirements. Downloadable versions of the application can be accessed below for your personal use:
Contact [email protected] with any questions.
III. About EE 30 Under 30
Since 2016, NAAEE's EE 30 Under 30 program has recognized 210 individuals from 42 countries who are making a difference through environmental education. To address today’s complex challenges, we need a diversity of perspectives, skills, and experiences. EE 30 Under 30 celebrates the unique and passionate leadership of talented young leaders around the world and gives them a professional boost to increase their impact. Each year our awardees join a growing alumni network of inspiring environmental education leaders and receive ongoing opportunities to network, grow professionally, and promote their work.
For questions or more information, contact Nina Hamilton at [email protected].