The International Bamboo and Rattan Organization (INBAR) is looking for two interns to be based in China, Beijing.
Duration: June 2023 to June 2024
INBAR Derpartmernt: Host Country Affairs
Line Manager (Report To)：Host Country Partnership Manager
- Provide logistical assistance for events organized by INBAR, including the Market in Wangjing Street and China International Fair for Trade in Services (CIFTIS), including coordination for the special exhibition with joint exhibited enterprises;
- Support in translation and preparation of materials for any event organized by INBAR from Chinese to English and vice versa (if needed);
- Provide logistical support for the public activities to be organized in the INBAR Garden at the International Horticultural Exposition 2024 Chengdu;
- Help with the communication and coordination with the local partners for facilitation and implementation of the signed Memorandum of Understanding; and
- Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor.
II. Application process:
- Please send a cover letter demonstrating relevant experience as described in the above job description and your cv by email to: [email protected].
- Please use “INBAR Job title — NAME” as the subject of the e-mail.
III. About INBAR
The International Bamboo and Rattan Organization (INBAR) is an intergovernmental development organization that promotes environmentally sustainable development using bamboo and rattan.
INBAR was founded in 1997, with the mission “to improve the well-being of producers and users of bamboo and rattan within the context of a sustainable bamboo and rattan resource base, by consolidating, coordinating and supporting strategic and adaptive research and development.” 50 Member States are a part of INBAR. In addition to its Secretariat Headquarters in China, INBAR has Regional Offices in Cameroon, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Ghana and India.
Its unique organization allows INBAR to act as an important advocate for its Member States. With over 40 of its Member States from the Global South, INBAR has played an especially strong role in promoting South-South cooperation for the last 25 years. Since its founding, it has been making a real difference in the lives of millions of people and environments around the world, with achievements in areas such as raising standards, promoting safe, resilient bamboo construction, restoring degraded land, capacity-building, and informing green policy and Sustainable Development Goal objectives.
To learn more about INBAR, please visit INBAR web site