Deadline: 28 February 2023
One-Acre Fund (OAF) is looking for a professional to join its team as a clean water scoping project Associate in Rwanda. This role will lead a year-long data collection and analysis project to scope the need and efficacy of potential clean water interventions or initiatives that could support more than 650,000 TUBURA farmers in rural areas across the country. Successful candidate will manage 20+ individuals, and have high visibility as they externally are the face of this work in 2023.
I. About the Role
- This is a one year fixed term contract as the One Acre Fund Rwanda program runs a scoping program to assess the need and efficacy of potential clean water interventions or initiatives that could support our farmers in rural areas. This will be conducted through site-level evaluations of water points, current water quality, and farmer behavior around water consumption.
- This role is under of the TUBURA Program, and will report directly to the Program Director of Impact, Product and Brand.
- At the end of 2023, OAF expects a final report that captures a countrywide assessment of the feasibility of applying in-line chlorination units to rural water points across Rwanda, as well as capturing the cost and impact potential of pursuing this intervention. A mid-point report will also include a systems mapping of Rwanda's rural water systems and initial data findings from conducted field surveys and water testing.
- Manage at least 5 direct reports, lead a team of 20+ field-based individuals.
- Act as a liaison to external stakeholders, including but not limited to: other NGO employees, Rwandan Ministry and Government officials.
- Direct all field survey work, from staff training and timekeeping to alignment to survey design to implementation.
- Analyze collected data; giving weekly progress updates and drafting a midpoint and final report
For this role specifically, you will have:
- 4+ years of experience in the WASH space in East Africa [Rwanda specific most preferred]
- Up to date knowledge of clean water interventions and initiatives
- 2+ years of team management or leadership
- Spoken and written fluency in both English and Kinyarwanda is required.
- OAF has a strong culture of constant learning and they invest in developing its people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- OAF holds career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Health insurance, paid time off
V. How to Apply?
- To apply and find more information, please click HERE
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
- Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
VI. About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. With operations across six core countries in Africa, OAF makes farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about OAF work, take a look at its blog for more information.