Deadline: 31 December 2022
Agriculture & Finance Consultants GmbH (AFC) is hiring a Project Manager in Agriculture Sector Development, focusing on Agricultural Value Chains (AVC). The position is open to all nationalities and is to be based in Cologne/Bonn.
- Acquisition and implementation of projects in development cooperation, partly with private business partners
- Development of work plans, recruitment of experts and the management of project acquisition teams during the tender phase
- Management of our expert teams abroad, monitoring and quality assurance of all project related activities during the implementation.
- Conduct research on upcoming opportunities and have an open eye for recent developments in the project regions
- Elaboration of qualified technical proposals and reports, which requires strong writing capabilities within given deadlines
- Travelling to project destinations on demand, which might be on a short notice
- Relevant Master Degree in agricultural economics or similar
- Min. 3 years of professional experience in development cooperation
- Technical skills, experience and passion in the areas of agriculture, agribusiness and/or economic growth are a must
- Demonstrated experience responding to EU procurement procedures (EU PRAG regulations) are an advantage
- You are open to implement innovations, especially in ICT adaption and Green Economy
- Fluent English is required and solid writing and communication skills in German and/or French would be a strong asset
- You are able to work independently and as a team member
- A position in AFC modern headquarters in Bonn with regular missions abroad
- An excellent work atmosphere in a motivated, multicultural team with competent colleagues
- Opportunities for continuous skill development
- The opportunity to take part in GOPA Group’s global and collaborative work experiences across geographical and business lines, team up with talented thought leaders on projects around the world, and face challenges with teams outside of office boundaries
- Well functioning IT and communication systems
- The possibility to partly work in mobile office
- Subsidised “Job Rad” and public transport within the region “Job Ticket” (our office is close to the train station “Bonn UN Campus”, which can easily be reached from Cologne as well)
IV. How to apply?
- Interested candidates should upload their complete application (motivation letter – maximum one page, CV, work references and certificates) HERE
- For any further question on the position or AFC you can contact Ms Samira Bouazouni, HR/Recruiting, [email protected]
For the sake of readability IFC often use the masculine form e.g. “he, him, himself".
We always mean all genders in terms of equal treatment. The shortened language form has editorial reasons and is unbiased
IV. About AFC
Agriculture & Finance Consultants GmbH (AFC) is a private German consulting firm focusing on agriculture/agribusiness and financial sector development projects in developing and transition countries. We participate in tenders of internationally renowned clients such as GIZ, KfW, EIB, EU, ADB, WB and implement currently projects in 55 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
AFC was founded in 1973 and is a member of the GOPA Consulting Group, Germany's largest group of consulting firms in development cooperation with an annual turnover of approx. EUR 240 million in 2021.AFC generates a turnover of 33 Mio. per year and employs 60 permanent staff members in our headquarters in Germany to manage around 800 professionals in 87 AFC-offices abroad.