Deadline: 04 December 2022
The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT seeks a Scientist I to join the Food Environment and Consumer Behavior (FECB) team in Vietnam. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and conducting research on food systems, collaborating in fundraising activities, ensuring integration with public and private stakeholders and decision makers in compliance with research priorities and the FECB strategy in Vietnam and across the region. The position will report to the FECB research director and FECB team leader in Asia. This position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Key responsibilities
- Lead and/or contribute actively to the delivery of research outputs in the FECB Asia team including research products (i.e., working papers, scientific articles, reports, etc.);
- Co-design research activities and manage them in concert with the global FECB program strategy and priorities, ensure research coordination and quality and timely delivery of results;
- Support the FECB team leader in Asia in stakeholder engagement in Vietnam (public and private) ensuring high quality research is shared in a timely and understandable manner with key decision-makers on topics relevant to food environment and consumer behavior;
- Manage local research partners engagement and contracts in Vietnam;
- Facilitate or organize cross team research collaboration in the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT and, where relevant, engage in collaboration with targeted OneCG initiatives active in Asia;
- Supervise and provide guidance to research staff, other team members, and partners on research strategies, projects and deliverables;
- Contribute to fund raising activities.
- Required qualification and experience
- PhD degree holder in Nutrition, Community Development, Economics, Urban and Regional Planning, Geography, Political Science or similar field with strong record in policy engagement and food systems analysis;
- Proven capacity in research design, implementation, data collection and analysis, data visualization and scientific writing particularly in the use of mixed quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Documented ability to use advanced quantitative analytical tools including advanced statistics, R, Python and/or similar analytic tools for qualitative data sets a plus;
- At least five (5) years of experience in a similar research leadership position;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with team members, governments, and other stakeholders to achieve common results and goals in a timely fashion;
- Ability and interest to support skill development of junior staff and colleagues;
- Capacity to provide advisory support to the broader Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT Asia team on food systems, food environments, consumer behavior and related policies;
- Excellent written, editing and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Strong ability to lead, prioritize and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure;
- Excellent communication and ability to communicate to a variety of audiences;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively in a highly dynamic, interdisciplinary, and multi-cultural team.
III. Terms of employment
- This is a full-time position based in Hanoi, Vietnam and available for Vietnamese nationals.
- Contracts are issued and renewed annually based on performance and availability of resources.
- This position is subjected to an initial two-month probation period and is graded at a level BG9 in a scale of 14 levels, being BG14 the highest level.
- The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT is an equal opportunity employer, strives for staff diversity and offers competitive packages.
IV. How to Apply?
To apply, please click HERE