Deadline: 22 February 2023
Do you want to:
- Make a big impact on Internet governance in your community?
- Receive training and connect with a network of key influencers in the Internet governance sphere?
- Attend a key Internet event?
- Gain access to a platform where you can raise your voice on Internet issues that matter to you?
Each year, the Internet Society chooses fifteen young, passionate people to participate in our Youth Ambassador Program, equipping the next generation of Internet leaders to collaborate and innovate for a better world.
This is 10-month program brings the opportunity to:
- Attend a significant Internet event, such as the Global IGF, RightsCon or a Regional IGF.
- Deepen your subject expertise through specific Internet governance online training.
- Broaden your advocacy, diplomacy, communications, project management, and leadership skills.
- Engage and collaborate with key Internet stakeholders from around the world.
- Be mentored by key Internet leaders and experts.
- Develop the skills and connections needed to make more of an impact in your local community (and beyond!)
- Be between the ages of 18-30 at the date of the submitted application
- Be comfortable with public speaking and communicating positions
- Have a high level of reading, speaking and writing skills in English
- Be able to present a strong interest in Internet governance, project management, advocacy, communications, and diplomacy
- Have continuous access to the Internet during all the phases of the program
- Be able to dedicate a minimum of 4 hours per week during the full program duration
- Have the availability to take part in weekly meetings and webinars
- Be able to travel and hold a valid passport
- Not have been previously selected as an Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassador, [email protected] Fellow, or IGF Youth Ambassador III. How to Apply?
To apply with additional information, please click HERE
IV. The Selection Process
- There are two phases to the selection process.
1. Online Application: A selection committee evaluates the best submissions to select the Youth Ambassadors. The selection committee, composed of Internet Society staff, alumni and Chapter/Special Interest Group/Standing Group leaders, attempts to achieve professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selections.
2. Online Internet Governance Course: The highest scoring applicants take an online course on Internet Governance. All participants will be divided into three classes, each with a dedicated tutor to facilitate the learning process. The 15 top-rated students are chosen for this program.
V. Key dates
- 1 February 2023: Online application submissions open
- 22 February 2023, 23:59 UTC: Application submissions close
- 20 March 2023: Successful candidates for the next round are invited to complete eLearning course
- 14 April 2023: Deadline for eLearning course completion
- Week of 17 April 2023: Ambassadors announced
- Week of 24 April 2023: Fellowship kick-off
VI. The Program
As a Youth Ambassador, you are equipped with knowledge and skills to influence policies that defend the Internet while innovating for a better world.
You will also have the opportunity to attend an event especially selected according to your preferences, profile, and location. The events include:
- The Global IGF
- A Regional IGF