Fellowships TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2022 for Young Scientists
Deadline: 1 August 2022
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is accepting Applications for young scientists from developing countries who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- Hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, biosensors technology, or related disciplines.
- Meet the requirements of the postdoctoral position available at BIOTEC and its research units. For full details of the position please click HERE.
- Apply for the fellowship within FIVE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences specified above.
- Must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application. NB. For instance, if an applicant turns 40 on 15 June, s/he should make sure not to submit the application later than 15 June.
- Be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of: their CV, a research proposal outline, doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, a statement of intent and three recommendation letters. See sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded below or included in the application form.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
II. Programme Details
- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced research in biotechnology.
- BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- The language of instruction is English.
III. How to apply?
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from the BIOTEC Research Support Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Applications for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted via the online portal.
- If you have technical problems with the online form, please contact [email protected]