Deadline: July 9, 2020
Applications are open for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QECS) 2020 at the University of South Africa. The University of South Africa will be hosting a Distance Learning award. This means that you will be studying for a Masters degree with the University of South Africa, but in your home country.
The following courses are available to apply for a QECS;
- MSc in Agriculture at the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES)
- MSc Flotation, MSc Comminution, MSc Biogas, MSc Bio remediation, MSc Fischer Tropsch, MSc Gasification, MSc Process Synthesis at the College of Science, Engineering and Technology (CSET)
- MEd in Open Distance Learning at the College of Education (CEDU)
- All two year distance learning Masters courses in the College of Economics and Management Sciences (CEMS)
- All two year distance learning Masters courses College of Human Sciences (CHS)
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level.
- You must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) of one of the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Tanzania, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
Before you begin applying, make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
To apply for a QECS at the University of South Africa, complete an online application form.
For more information, Please visit Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship webpage.