Deadline 3rd September 2020
The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is seeking a post-doctoral female researcher that will strategically complement the Peru team on mainstreaming a resilience component across the design of agroforestry and nature-based solution for family farmers in the Peruvian Amazon, with a particular focus on coffee landscapes.
The position will focus on coupling ecological-biophysical dynamics at the plot and landscape level with social—economic dimensions at the household level and in relation to broader socio-ecological contexts.
This position will be for an initial period one year renewable, subject to three months probation period and it is based in Lima (Peru) with an in-country start-date subject to C19
The position is remunerated on International Terms.
II. Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement inter-disciplinary research on nested resilient systems, (farming systems/ farm/ household / community territory) thresholds, trade-offs and indicators, to support ICRAF work on agroforestry innovation.
- Develop scientific publication (minimum one) and communication products to support engagement work and science policy dialogue in the landscapes of intervention.
- Engage with CIFOR -ICRAF scientists across Themes and contribute to the establishment of a network of interdisciplinary practitioners working on adaptation and resilience.
- Support research partnership development and fundraising.
- PhD in in natural, agricultural, forestry or ecology science with theses on themes related to resilience, restoration, nature-based solution, land health or climate change.
- At least three-year post-PhD research experience on related subjects. Academic and practical experience in inter-disciplinary science.
- Strong statistical analytical skills
- Experience with research design, data analysis and interpretation.
- Experience and excellent scientific writing skills and ability to produce scientific publications and other communication pieces to enhance the visibility of the teams/ centres research and communicate results that are useful to policymaking and stakeholder decision-making.
- Experience in preparing concept notes and proposals.
- Experience working with large datasets and databases
- Experience of system science-interdisciplinary work and synthesizing scientific literature and with developing conceptual frameworks.
- Able to coordinate research activities from a scientific and administrative perspective.
- Ability to present at international conferences and other strategic forums.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, but also closely with small (interdisciplinary) teams, experience of project coordination and management are appreciated.
- Mentoring of junior colleagues
- Engagement and facilitation skills
- Spatial analytical and mapping skills preferred.
IV. How to Apply?
Interested candidates should apply here
For more information, please read the official call