Deadline: 10 June 2022.
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is offering internships to students interested in sustainable development and water governance. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the operations of a network organization that extends from the global level to regional and national levels.
The selected candidate will provide support in research, thought-leadership, and stakeholder engagement with partner organizations and donors in the operationalization of GWP’s innovation agenda, focusing on water security and net-zero. The innovation agenda has taken the shape of six (6) “laser beams” focusing on particular areas of potentially high impact for GWP, and the intern’s time should be spent both on advancing the broader innovation agenda and on operationalizing the individual laser beams.
I. The six laser beams are as follows:
- Creating winners, not just picking them (mentoring future leaders);
- Facilitate to Innovate, and Disseveration - Facilitation – Innovation (how to scale up Water Change Makers);
- IWRM 1.5 (net zero through water);
- Integrated Water Security Open Program;
- GWP as a spotter of businesses and accelerator of spreading data solutions globally;
- De-Risking Investment Facility to Enhance Water Security.
II. Main tasks
- Desktop research on GWP’s track record and external opportunities as it relates to each of the six innovation “laser beams”, in support of the leads for each of the laser beams
- Identification of potential partnership and resource mobilization opportunities, both for the broader innovation agenda and for the individual laser beams
- Drafting and review of concept notes, project proposals, pitches, presentations, and other related (and innovative) outreach material related both to the innovation agenda and the individual laser beams
- Take part in the meetings of the Innovation Working Group and other internal and external meetings on innovation, preparing the contents as appropriate, note-taking and facilitating follow up on decisions
- Any related ad-hoc task in support of the innovation agenda
- Background in natural sciences, water resources management, water policy, sustainable development, communication or related fields, and an international perspective
- Excellent spoken and written English a must. Knowledge of French and Spanish would be highly valued.
- Knowledge of environmental/water issues in the context of innovation
- Knowledge/familiarity with resource mobilization
- Good analytical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and multi-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated writing skills
IV. How to apply?
- Interested candidates should submit their applications through the online application system HERE.
- Applications should include the following: Cover Letter with an introduction of the applicant, Resume/CV and Available start date.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview latest by end of June.
- Questions can be addressed to [email protected]
- Applications are not accepted via e-mail).
V. Key Information
- Interns accepted to this programme must be either enrolled in an educational programme at the time of application and during the Internship or recently graduated.
- Interns will be part of the GWP internship Programme, which has been established to maximize the interns’ experience working at the Global Water Partnership.
- In addition to completing work tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference, this Programme ensures that throughout your time at GWP the interns have time for networking, making personal connections with staff, and developing relevant workplace skill sets.
- GWP offers no remuneration or any other financial support to meet expenses for travel, subsistence, or health/accident insurance.
VI. About GWP
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is a global action network with over 3,000 Partner organizations in 183 countries. Founded in 1996, the network has 65 Country Water Partnerships and 13 Regional Water Partnerships. GWP’s vision is a water secure world. To realize this vision GWP supports countries to advance governance and management of water resources for sustainable and equitable development.