Deadline: 15 May 2023
The International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) President invites nominations for the Scientific Achievement Award, to be given at the IUFRO World Congress 2024 in Stockholm, Sweden.
At each World Congress, IUFRO recognizes outstanding achievements of up to ten scientists. Awards will be made for research results published in scientific journals, proceedings of scientific meetings or books, or appropriate patents or other relevant evidence that clearly demonstrates the importance of the scientific or technical achievement to the advancement of regional or world forestry or forest research.
Other criteria of judgment are dissemination of results, implementation of knowledge, methods or techniques in practical forestry and skilled research management. Nominations may be made by a member of the nominee’s parent organization, by Coordinators of Divisions, Research Groups, Working Parties and Task Forces, and by other officeholders and knowledgeable persons associated with the Union (but no self-nominations). Nominees must either belong to IUFRO Member Organizations or be Individual Members of IUFRO.
- The award shall consist of a medallion, a certificate, the most economical cost of (air) travel/subsidized travel to attend the World Congress, and waiver of the World Congress registration fees.
- The names of the recipients will be published in IUFRO News, the Annual Report and the World Congress Report.
II. Selection Process
The Honours and Awards Committee shall evaluate nominations and present recommendations to the IUFRO Board approximately 12 months in advance of the next World Congress. The awardees shall be approved by the IUFRO Board, so that both awardees and sponsors can be notified well in advance of the World Congress
III. How to Nominate?
- Please, access the nomination form HERE
- Nominations shall be accompanied in addition by:-two letters of support-a publications list-abstracts of 5 of the most important publications,-and a paragraph explaining the relevance of these contributions to regional or world forestry.
- Nominations shall be sent to the Executive Director of IUFRO with a copy to the Chair of the IUFRO Honours and Awards Committee.