Deadline: Open till filled
Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Ltd (Sahel) is looking for Livestock Coordinator to Support the design, implementation, and evaluation of projects and programs for sustainable livestock management in Nigeria. The position is based in Abuja with occasional travels across Nigeria.
I. Key Results
Provision of technical expertise and capacity development for;
- The design of the implementation of project activities across communities in the selected states
- The design in capacity-building materials for training, group development, and community action plans
- The implementation support and evaluation of operations in accordance with the program plan.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the design and implementation of the livestock production activities that support good farming practices that regards to the development and usage of feed and fodder resources, efficient use of animal nutrition, provision of feed safety, and other associated technical and policy issues including the agribusiness of particularly marketing animal feeds.
- In collaboration with the productivity improvement team in the office, participate in the development, implementation, and technical support of ALDDN’s Field Program relating to the production of feed resources, development of feeding standards, and improvement of animal nutrition; provide advice to partners and beneficiaries on the importance of efficient use of animal nutrition in livestock development programs.
- Develop strategies to enhance better utilization of available and potential animal feed resources, genetics and breeding improvement, and facilitate training of good feeding and nutritional practices.
- Develop and track the training calendar and modules (including infographic brochures, demo videos, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), and radio) in local languages for dissemination) for farm record keeping, good dairy practices, and the feed industry in developing and complying with feed safety/quality standards.
- Review training contents for brochures and videos as well as contribute to developing materials and conducting training the trainers’sessions for extension agents and smallholder dairy farmers in livestock production and husbandry practices.
- Work and participate in field activities to promote interdisciplinary program interventions that relate to animal production and nutrition, dairy production, and feed safety.
- Develop business models for scaling smallholder dairy farming in Nigeria
- Keep up-to-date and informed on relevant developments; design and conduct analytical studies on specific technical and policy issues affecting animal nutrition, feed resources, and feed safety.
- Plan, organize and participate in both scientific and technical meetings, prepare and edit reports, manuals, guidelines, and other publications concerning the livestock sector and ALDDN program.
- Facilitate data collection and analyses that contribute to the ALDDN program implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Animal Science, Animal Production or related courses
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- High-quality analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Willingness to travel (required)
IV. How to Apply?
Qualified and interested applicants should forward their CVs to [email protected] with Livestock Coordinator as the subject of the mail. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that Sahel is able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.